31 Mar Our Food Forest
PLANTING OUR FOOD FOREST
Wanting to create a food forest seems to be a natural result of having a holistic view on your environment, in my case anyway.
What do you do when you decide to work with 10 hectares of land on which you also want to build ecological buildings and work with renewable energy?
Well, a food forest using permaculture principles fits perfectly in that picture.
WHAT DO I KNOW?
Well, a little bit more than I did yesterday. Much knowledge to be gained. But why reinvent the wheel when there are people who already have the expertise and are delighted to share it?!
WHERE ARE WE NOW?
At the very beginning! It is an idea that is about to be realized. From intangible desire to physical manifestation. Right now, we are right in-between! How very exciting, scary and joyous!
OUR ULRIKA FOOD FOREST IDEA FOR 2019
- To cultivate 2 hectares of land as food forest in Asturias, Spain
- Deciding the long-term function of the food forest
- Engaging permaculture expert to help design the land and forest area
- Designing it specifically with the long-term function in mind
- Designing it specifically with the geographical conditions in mind
- Engage individuals and businesses in the region to help supply the trees and plants
- Engage individuals and businesses in the region to help plant the forest
- Give interested individuals and businesses the opportunity to learn about permaculture through theoretical and practical workshops in the Netherlands and in Asturias, Spain
- Publish the experience and make it accessible as a blueprint for everyone to copy
HOW TO MAKE YOUR FOOD FOREST A SUCCESS
Are you interested in following us in this process from start to finish? Or maybe you are interested in learning how to create your own food forest or edible garden? Register to our monthly webinar to learn first-hand our step-by-step discoveries and process over a 12 month period.
You will also receive a handy outline of our actions and learnings each month.
Registration coming soon!
CALL OUT FOR PARTICIPANTS
We are inviting people to sign-up for participation to help us realize this project. Do you know about project management, are you good at fundraising, does it sound good to help plant a forest in Asturias, Spain? We love to hear from you!
Ulrika is the spawning ground for ‘living the change’ from where you can go and apply it anywhere in the world.
Come join us. Share it, do it, live it!
HEDWIG, Founder Ulrika