30 Mar Co-creating with nature
THE PRINCIPLE OF PERMACULTURE
Permaculture stands for: permanent culture, a system that has the ability to sustain itself.
The principle of permaculture takes a forest as example. A forest has a closed-loop cycle with elements (ie. trees, plants, animals, everything underground, bacteria, etc).
INPUT AND OUTPUT
Every element has output (ie. fruit, leaves) what is used by other elements as input. The forest feeds itself, hence it does not require sources from outside the forest to survive.
The output becomes input when it falls onto the earth. Worms eat it, digest it and produce food that then becomes input for ie. another plant or tree.
PERMAGARDEN IN ACTION
THE PRINCIPLE IN ACTION: LAZY YET ABUNDANT!
By applying this method: Strategic Total Utter Neglect (S.T.U.N.), you let nature do its part like only nature knows how.
By placing the elements strategically (strategic placement is essential!), you don’t only get a healthy piece of garden or forest, but you also create a productive piece of land.
The prep-work we do (us, humans), then, patience is in order for the grand reward of abundance to come (which also maintains itself!).
DESIGN METHOD BENEFITS
The design method of permalture ensures social-, garden- and food production-systems that are highly beneficial in today’s society.
“NORMAL” VEGETABLE PAD VS FOOD GARDEN
The difference between a vegetable pad and a garden using permaculture principles:
- A “normal” vegetable pad is intended purely to yield delicious fruits and vegetables.
- When permaculture principles are applied, the design and purpose of the land changes.
Permaculture applies the following principles:
- Good for the earth
- Good for humans
- Share fairly (take only that what is necessary and leave plenty of space for nature to do her thing)
PERMACULTURE SUSTAINABLE DESIGN SCIENCE
As I am on this expedition I uncover so many insightful things, one of which is that permaculture principles are actually the same as those of regionomy, the difference being what one places humans central and the other nature.
They both promote the ability to be self-sustainable by stimulating a closed-loop cycle.
This is the vision, we at Ulrika, cultivate:
- Growing with the power of connecting.
- Building the bridge between improving & cultivating the natural balance in nature and the humans who can live from the abundance.
- Adopting a lifestyle and philosophy on living that supports a long and fulfilling life.
Ulrika is the spawning ground for ‘living the change’ from where you can go and apply it anywhere in the world.
Come join us. Share it, do it, live it!
HEDWIG, Founder Ulrika