ECOLOGICAL DESIGN | TRAINING CENTER | FOOD FOREST
a journey undertaken by a group of people with a particular purpose, especially that of exploration or research.
This is exactly what we are doing. We are bringing Ulrika to life from scratch starting on 10 hectares of land in Asturias, Spain. We discover as we go.
Ulrika will operate as a social enterprise and comprise of a sustainably built training and (hands-on) learning center for personal growth and development and a 2Ha food forest using permaculture principles. We embrace a holistic view on living in harmony socially, ecologically and economically in the region.
This is what we are doing:
- Building sustainable structures of straw bale on 8 hectares of land.
- Capture renewable energy through solar panels and geothermal pumps.
- Planting 2 hectares of food forest
- Building a high-end training center for self-development and trainee lodging facilities
- Building workshop cabins
- Building a market hall for regional product sales
- Building craftsman workplaces
This is our way of living in solidarity with other human beings and our earth:
INTEGRATED REGIONOMY METHODOLOGY
growing with the power of connecting
- Regionomy is a system in which you find worth and profit through connecting regionally.
- It is through the close solidarity of companies, organisations and citizens that the earning power and yield not only belongs to the enterprising individual, but to the vital, local society.
- To think-up, to make, to endeavour and to improve always works better when you do it from a connection. Not one for the other but: one with other.
- In an economy of meaning, the idea is that money no longer is the most important motive, meaning something to humanity is many times bigger. Profit no longer is about the numbers, but about the meaning of an organisation socially and ecologically.
INTEGRATED PERMACULTURE METHODOLOGY
permanent culture, a system that has the ability to sustain itself
- Permaculture is inspired by natural ecosystems and is intended to increase productivity.
- The principle of permaculture takes a forest as example. A forest has a closed-loop cycle with elements (ie. trees, plants, animals, everything underground, bacteria, etc).
- By placing the elements strategically (strategic placement is essential!), you don’t only get a healthy piece of garden or forest, but you also create a productive piece of land.
- Permaculture builds the bridge between improving & cultivating the natural balance in nature and the humans who can live from the abundance.
- This design method ensures social-, garden- and food production-systems that are highly beneficials in today’s society.
LIFESTYLE OPTIMIZED FOR A LONG AND FULFILLING LIFE
Your lifestyle and philosophy on living is a big part of it all
To make the picture complete, consider this:
- Be physically active naturally in nature
- Know your sense of purpose
- Downshift to reduce stress
- Stop eating once you are 80% full
- Eat a rich bean/plant based diet and only small amounts of meat
- Drink alcohol moderately and regularly
- Belong to a community
- Put family first and invest in your children/loved ones with time and love
- Find the right tribe: small social circle that supports healthy behaviours